Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linux Home Automation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimjim2k

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
source code wm918

Hi

The Linux Home Automation project is a bit of a misnomer. It's really meant for use under any Unix like operating system. We already have one gentleman who uses QNX so he'll keep me honest. :wink: I fully intend to keep the source code as portable as possible. And I'm working on getting a *BSD system up and running real soon. The initial intent is to create a daemon that interfaces between a plain command line interface and a Home Automation controller. Currently most of the controllers I have attach to a serial port (X10's CM11A, X10's CM17A, X10's CP290, ADI's Ocelot, CCC's HCS II). I also have a WM918 Weather station, and a bunch of Dallas DS1820 temperature chips. Even though X10 may start out as being the primary communication method others will be explored, such as Intel's Linux Universal Plug-n-Play SDK (UPnP), HTH's PLM (power line modem), CeBus and LONworks. We can also attach RS485 networks to the serial port and create devices which follow a standard protocol (like HAN or SNAP). The Linux box would be the master while the remote devices the slaves.

1. h**p://linuxha.sourceforge.net/

* -> t

tnx

Status
Not open for further replies.