Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help!! about the transfer function of filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

renwl

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I lookup the table of the chebyshev filter. The chebyshev filter I want to find is a third order filter with 0.5dB passband ripple. The polynomial I found is S^3+1.253*S^2+1.535*S+0.716.

What does the coefficient mean? It’s normalized to cutoff frequency, isn’t it? What’s the transfer function if the cutoff frequency is 4kHz and the gain is 0dB?

Thanks.

you can get the pole and zero of this function in matlab

If I find the pole and zero, is it normalized to cut-off frequency?
If it is , I can get the wanted pole and zero by multiplying the pole and zero by cut-off frequency, right?

correct.

renwl said:
If I find the pole and zero, is it normalized to cut-off frequency?
If it is , I can get the wanted pole and zero by multiplying the pole and zero by cut-off frequency, right?

I dont think so.
for example,when the numerator is 1, the zero will be ∞.
all the poles are only determined by the denominator. so the poles are all multiplied by a number and zero is not.

how about the low frequency gain now? It will change,I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back