Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why do you all ignore me??! [ :( ] {Verilog-A Questions}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed_Sawaf

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
verilog-a initial keyword

Hi all,

This is my first time to expose to Verilog-A, anyone help me please by answering these simple questions (hopefully)

1) What is the mean of "descipline" and "nature" statements? where do I use?

2) What is it meant by the backquot character: (`) when it come before a word such that `include or `define or `BITS and so on?

3) What is the difference between the two approaches:
---Top-Down Design and:
---Buttom-Up Design (or verification?) ??

if anyone has some example of analog components writen in Verilog-A please upload it here..

Thank you very much...
Best Regards...

Verilog-A questions, plz continue help in this thread

1-descipline is a new property that u can create and calll anything
i.e. voltage is descipline and current is descipline but u can add ur own new desciplines like pressure or whatever(i never had to use them)
2-backquot is to indicate a keyword of the program like the ones u stated
3-the first is to do modeling then go in each block details (i.e. transistor level)
while the second is to start from each block in details (i.e. transistor level)

Ahmed_Sawaf

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Verilog-A questions, plz continue help in this thread

Well, Thanks for helpful replies...

I have some other questions...

1. What is the @cross() function can do in digital block such as a flip-flop? does it have other similar functions? what are them? how to add a tolerance in both time and signal shape wahtever is it in the cross() function?? is the "@" operator reserved only for it or no?

2. what is the ::= operator? and the: expr1 : expr2 == expr3 mean?? for the last i know that its name is indirect branching, but what does that mean?! and what is it used in??

3. Can I generate a verilog-A code of certain know blocks using Cadence? I think if yes, that i need to adjust something in settings, as when i creat a new instance with tool selcted is: Verilog-A Editor, it just open the text editor with
`include() and module and end statements.. What i mean is to generate most known paramters and statements that describes something like a flip-flop or whatever...

4. what is the difference between the functions: idtmod() and idt() which should i use with a VCO module?

Thank you..waiting for feed back..
Regards,

Added after 42 minutes:

Sorry, another silly one..
Why do $strobe() and $display() function rather than other functions are prepended with the dollar sign "$" ?? what is the special thing that let them put it in them??

Thanks,

Ahmed_Sawaf said:
2) What is it meant by the backquot character: (`) when it come before a word such that `include or `define or `BITS and so on?

The following compiler directives are available in Verilog-A. You can identify them by the initial
accent grave ( ` ) character, which is different from the single quote character ( ' ).
 `define
 `undef
 `ifdef
 `include
 `resetall
 `default_transition

Quoted from page 170 Cadence Verilog-A Language Reference...
More details exists there..

Regards,
Ahmad,

Ahmed_Sawaf

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I think the verilog-A manul can answer all ur questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back