Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a BFM and what does it do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankit12345

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is BFM???:?:
What does it do???:?:
I have to build a verilog BFM......What points i need to note before developing BFM.....:?:

Thanks in advance:D

bfm verilog

ankit12345 said:
What is BFM???:?:
What does it do???:?:
I have to build a verilog BFM......What points i need to note before developing BFM.....:?:

Thanks in advance:D

BFM stands for Bus Functional Model. It models the bus activity at cycle accurate level and is often the lower level building block of a good, solid layered testbench. See our VMM article in:

**broken link removed**

In our recent book on VMM Adoption we showed this with a FIFO design and a Serial-to-parallel converter design.

Things like:

What are possible deviations from a standard/good bus cycle (such as aborts, retries, error etc.)

This would help us identify callbacks and coverage points. If you want to understand the whole domain through email that will be very hard, I recommend either you look at the books/papers or take a quick training. I offer this as a 1-day course, see:

Comprehensive Functional Verification (CFV)
www.noveldv.com

If you are interested in this course, send an email with your contact details to cvc.training@gmail.com

HTH,
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

what is bfm in verilog

To
Ajeetha, CVC

Thanks for ur help.

I have gone through ur site.its nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com