Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eigenmode solver in MW$ 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheng

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
eigenmode solver

Guys,

Does anyone knows about the limits and inaccuracies of the MW$ 4 eigenmode solver and the modal analysis follow up? I have tried a number of times with no luck whatsoever to analyze a Dielectric Resonator inside a WG and the results are TOTALLY wrong. Tried like 20 setups, increasing the mesh and all tricks and it failed to give the expected results again and again. I even tried the Time Dimain solver with some sort of dumping and I can see some indications about what I must see but still some 300% difference. I have designed that by HFSS and results were good -to-excellent. I have compared the first 10 modes inside and found increasing divergence between HFSS and MW$ after the 4-th mode.
I am not really sure which part of MW$ is not working properly - the eigenmode solver or the Modal analysis, but that program seem to fail badly with that structure.
I may even try to do the Modal analysis myself (if I have time) with the Eigenmode data of MW$ and compare. With HFSS (Fast sweep) it is just a breeze.

I will appreciate if you have managed to simulate successfully similar devices and/or can share experience inhere.

Regards,

cheng

Can you use the macro fucntion in CST to zip up your structure and settings? Post it here or PM me so we all can have a better look at the problem. Better still, include your expected/measurement/HFSS result so we know what you are expecting.

Cheers,
Element7k

suggestions

Do the various simulations you do group around a common set of result values?

If so, is the common value above the waveguide cutoff frequency?

Hi Cheng,

Can you send me the model with settings (zip format, if you want)?
Can you add measurements or other results (simulated by other sw (HFSS), predicted ...)

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back