Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Long Width, 4:1 current mirror layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

ytass

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
current mirror layout

Hi everyone,

Most transistor layouts in the textbooks are only concerned with W/L > 1 layouts. For good matching, they use interdigitated fingers. For a current mirror layout, can anyone suggest a good layout topology if W1/L1 = 4/20 and W2/L2 = 1/20 ?
I am not sure how to address this issue.

Thank you very much for your advice.

Cheers

layout of current mirrors

In current mirror ratio between transistor size is only thing matter. Why you choose such kind of size?

layout of current mirrior

If you design low power circuits. I think you still layout like finger. The width is finger in W/L > 1 transistor, but in your transistor length is finger.

how current mirror layout can be draw

JarryZhao, thank you very much for your suggested layout, this has helped me understand how to design long length current mirror ratio.

Laglead, i use a W/L << 1 as my circuit is a low-power low-bandwidth (10kHz) amplifier. It is low-frequency because I need to amplify biopotential signals. It needs to be low-power as it is going to be imbedded in the human body as part of an ASIC.

Cheers everyone!

matching current mirrors width length

As my application is for low level signals, should I place guard rings around all of my functional blocks, i.e., all diff pair, all current mirrors etc?

layout of current mirrors

U can put guard rings around all, But you should better use a power or GND only for guard rings. The guard rings power only for guard rings, not connect any circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back