Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explanation of Layer 2 protocols

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu Ammora

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the layer 2 protocols bet.

1- PC and Router

2- Router and Router

3- Router and Switch

So PLZ if anyone know them i hope u reply me,

Thanks

Re: Layer 2 protocols

No reply , What's going on people , It was an interview question and i coudn't reply them ?

Abu Ammora said:
No reply , What's going on people , It was an interview question and i coudn't reply them ?
Well, I for instance, don't understand your question...

Ethernet, token ring,...

Layer 2 protocols

OMG... And then people wonder why they can't get any help...

sinip said:

OK Sinip , These bove questions were asked to me in an interview in Orange Telecom , Wel first time i told him that i didn't understand the questions themselves , So he told me that any CCNA man can answer it ! !!

So Guess , Where's the problem in me or in the questions or in the interviewer ?

Have a nice day !!!

Abu Ammora said:
sinip said:

OK Sinip , These bove questions were asked to me in an interview in Orange Telecom , Wel first time i told him that i didn't understand the questions themselves , So he told me that any CCNA man can answer it ! !!

So Guess , Where's the problem in me or in the questions or in the interviewer ?

Have a nice day !!!
I would have my bet on interviewer. :cry:

Dear Abu Ammora,

Layer 2 consist of two parts....MAC (media access control) and LLC (Logical link control), The MAC sublayer controls how a computer on the network gains access to the data and permission to transmit it. The LLC layer controls frame synchronization, flow control and error checking.

Anyway....
protocol between switch and PC mean ethernet which use IEEE802.2 Logical Link Control [LLC], and IEEE802.3 Media Access Control [MAC]

protocol between Router to Router....it's really trick question because Router is layer 3 switching but they can communicate in layer 2 If VPN L2TP used.

protocol between router and switch....I think it would be Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), IEEE802.1v for VLAN and some other layer2 protocol for broadcasting..

you should ask them to provide u more information....like what kind of communication....tell them I know that..................but did u mean....................to show that u understand but their question is not clear..

Best Regards,

Salam

well, bridges and switches are the devices that reside in layer two, routers are a layer 3 device. So the way I understand the question none of the answers work...one of them must be right though. I'm taking CCNA at the moment and I don't know what the answer is, confuses me :p

i think it is between rounter and switch

Status
Not open for further replies.