Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me repairing PHILIPS 69DC980 car cd player

Status
Not open for further replies.

oebiedoebie

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
err philips cd player

I have a more or less defective PHILIPS 69DC980 in-dash car cd player.
The radio, buttons display etc all still work, but the cd player is faulty.
It doesn't properly play anymore. From almost all cd I tested (about 40) only one or two play properly. With most other discs, the TOC is properly read butting seeking and playing fails completely. Display says 'Err' and the cd is ejected. Sometimes is does play but it skips randomly and there is much noise in the audio signal. I looked at the eye-pettern at the RF test point. Amplitude is about 0.8 Vtt, it is verry fuzzy an not quite stable (jumps up and down). I cleaned the lens and all reachable moving parts (gears, motors, rails etc). The player is also very sensitive to vibrations. Even the slightest tap on its casing causes it to skip. I think some of the tracking controlls need adjustement.
There are 6 ajdustement pots on the PCB:
TE.G (Tracking error gain) TE.OF (Tracking error offset) FO.G (Focus Gain) FO.OF (Focus offset) PLL (PLL adjust, checked also measured 4.231 MHz, seems OK) and a pot named '24' (???).

Anyone any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.