Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is the best software for PCB design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
keith1200rs said:
Eagle is schematic capture and PCB layout only, not simulation.

Keith.
so any other option

There are various free simulators and a few free PCB packages but I don't know of any free ones which combine the two. I use Eagle for Schematics/PCB and SIMetrix for simulation. While I bought both of them they both have limited free versions which could well be suitable for your purposes.

Keith.

Well for me it's Eagle since i don't really need simulation. I learned using Eagle PCB Layout on Youtube Tutorials lol and have been using it since then :)

Its amazing how much emotion etc is generated when this question comes up, for what is effectively a fancy join the dots software package:D

At the end of the day you can pay from nearly zero to hundreds of thousands for EDA software. Having used a few over the years what I can say is:
I've always managed to lay out the boards on each package used (they all do that quite well).
They ALL have good points and bad points.
And most peoples views are influenced quite often by what they use the most.

I cant belive someone thinks Allegro is user friendly 8O , Its a good package but user freindly, only after 6 months setting it up maybe.

Personaly I miss red and blue tape ups, life was less hectic in those days:D

pcb wizard is the best it is simple and quick to understand

marce said:
I cant belive someone thinks Allegro is user friendly 8O , Its a good package but user freindly, only after 6 months setting it up maybe.

totally agree

for me it is allegro........
Still not easy to begin learning....

please anybody help to me for download the Allegro of cadence software
Please.................

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

can you give me the Cadence Pcb design software please

or

can you give me the exact link to download the cadence software please

I think ORCAD or ALLEGRO is best ....
SInce it is user friendly..with all the full fledged features .........Best in the bussiness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back