Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Operational Amplifier Linearity

Status
Not open for further replies.

adel_48

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
amplifier linearity

Hello All,

I am trying to design an operational amplifier circuit. I want to know the factors that affect its linearity.

thanks a lot,
Adel

amplifier linearity open-loop

what type of amp. two stage opamp? folded cascode?

operational amplifier nonlinearity

I am planning to make single stage folded cascode amplifier. But I would like also to know if it is good considering linearity or not

Thanks,
Adel

operational amplifier linearity

a little bit out of topic, is it true if you connect amplifier in negative feedback, we can partially ignore the linearity issue?
Btw, folded cascode is certainly better than telescopic cascode in terms of linearity. Also important to bias every cascode in wide-swing configuration in low voltage application.

linearity of operational amplifier

hello,
linearity increase by decreasing gain, increase the headrom for the signal,using some kind of degeneration(dec. the gain),

i THINK that the folded willl be better than telescopic in linearity (more headromm for the signal)

decreasing gain of opamp should never be of concern if a negative feedback configuration is used. Although distortion increases when signal goes large, in negative feedback, the largest signal is defined by the feedback factor instead of the open loop gain of the opamp. In fact when open loop gain of the opamp is large the overall loopgain of the feedback loop will also be large, then the nonlinearity will be reduced by this overall loopgain. So large gain is preferred in terms of linearity.

safwatonline said:
hello,
linearity increase by decreasing gain, increase the headrom for the signal,using some kind of degeneration(dec. the gain),

i THINK that the folded willl be better than telescopic in linearity (more headromm for the signal)

yes, but this in case of closed loop while i am talking about open loop

feedback can improve linearity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back