Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

job resume for digital electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

walters

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What do u guys put down for being a digital technician for testing,calibrating,troubleshooting digital circuits ?

What can i put down in general for digital electronic circuits so on my resume i can say i know how to test,calibrate,troubleshoot digital electronic circuits and networks?

What would u guys put down in general please?

Should i put down this and how:
Truth tables? timing charts and graphs? chip number data sheets?

Gates(And,OR,NOR,NAND),Multiplexers,demultiplexers,comparitors, encoders,decoders,timer circuits

What do u guys put down on your resume for showing u know how to test,calibrate,troubleshoot digital circuits and electronics ? knowing how to read and troubleshoot with truth tables and timing charts/graphs?

I suggest, for you resume, that you don't list the a bunch of buzzwords and things you can do. Nothing aggravate recruiters more...
Instead, try putting down concrete examples of where you applied your skillset/techniques. Any major projects recently? Grad papers? University project? In fact any concrete things that allows you to discuss (in more detail) with the interviewer is worth putting on your resume.

yes but how can i give them examples of me testing and troubleshooting digital electronics circuits in general?

What are some basic testing and troubleshooting for digital electronics i can say?

hmm... digital electronics...I am not too familiar w/ that

In logic:
got any experience with FPGA? Have you implemented a pipelined arch? w/ Cache? Any major project during ur undergrad years? ASIC experience?

Troubleshooting:
Did you design any circuit board that is current in use? For prototype? Did you design anything with microcontrollers?

IC Design:
Did you write any app notes or bring-up any ICs? were you responsible for chip design or for the testing procedures? Did you do any signal integrity analysis? What were the requirements...? Any simulations experience maybe w/ spice?

Testing:
Did you do any qual work for a previous company? what were some of ur testing procedures, and why?

In short, what sort of experience do you have that normal kids out of college don't have...

I'm not taking about microcontrollers or programming code

I'm talking about digital electronics like digital components,chips how to
test and troubleshoot stuff like that so i can put on my resume

I'm talking about digital electronics like digital components,chips how to
test and troubleshoot stuff like that so i can put on my resume

I think you should keep this thing in your experience part. If you have troubleshooted any specific device (not general) then you can write about it. Similarly if you are familiar with any special equipment realated to digital electronics (not the DVM or oscilloscope) then you can write about it too.

Yes but i need to write about how i used the logic probe,oscilloscope,multimeters with DIGITAL components , using it to test,check,troubleshoot with in general
what would u guys put down please?

what are some basic repair and troubleshooting with digital electronics please?

Most HR that call me back were techs at one time and know about electronics
What if the HR calls me back what can i say about digital electronics for repairing,testing,checking,troubleshooting in general or some basic examples for my resume please?

It would be good to give some specific examples of the work you have done so that they would be more persuaded.

i haven't done much digital testing,checking,troubleshooting thats why im asking
what would i put down for a experieneced basic digital test technician?

In today's electronics market you just need to have some extra asset so i would rather put up something new and exciting work in my resume

Digital test Technician should know or do:

1.) Test the chips power to see its it has +5 volts and is grounded
2.) Test/check the clock this is very important becaues the clock is the heart
it what switches or turns on/off the digital chips
3.) Test/check the RC timing circuit and calculate the RC ratio to know if
the time interval,duty cycle is the right timing and sequence
4.) Digital chips being stuck in a state:: this is very common can be caused
by the pull up or down resistor. The pull up or down resistor is either open or shorted
5.) Check for the chips inputs and outputs high and lows or on's and off voltages
6.) map out the highs/on's , lows/offs from input to output on each digital chips
7.) chart out the sequence of events that are happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back