Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microstrip antenna array: feed network design

Status
Not open for further replies.

hf1357

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
array feed network

Dear all
I decide to design the microstrip antenna array with 256 (16*16) elements.
I select the corporate feed type but I don't know how to impelement this structure. Please help me.

Best Regards

structure feeding network microstrip antenna

there are many literature for thar even ansoft site have many examples on that try that

microstrip antenna array feeder network

Ull find a lot of literature even from a google search..

microstrip antenna feeding network design

you mean building a physical sample or a simulation?

antenna array feed

u have to design power divider in three layers:
256 elements u have to divide in 4 quadrants
each quadrant will have its own power division n/w there will be second layer of power division feeding each quadrant

i hope this will give some idea....u can refer to some papers or book by Bhartia Tomar and Bahl on microstrip antennas

series fed microstrip antenna arrays

hf1357 said:
Dear all
I select the corporate feed type but I don't know how to impelement this structure. Please help me.

Best Regards

Added after 11 seconds:

Dear all

Best Regards

array feeding network

Hi, osamaokok:

IE3D's manual (Chapter 11?) has an example of building a 16x1 corporate fed microstrip antenna array. Building 16x16 is quite similar and it does have example file. Please check it. You are able to perform a full-wave EM simulation on such an array including coupling on IE3D choosing the right matrix solvers. I am from Zeland. You can send e-mail to support@zeland.com if you have question on trying it. Regards.

array feeding network design

Hi Jian

what is the right matrix solver for 16x16 array?

pl

microstrip antenna array feed network

Hi, Plasma:

Please try the GEMS-F. It is excellent for it and it includes all the mutual coupling. You can also try the IE3D Fasta option. It may save more RAM and time. However, IE3D Fasta may lose the accuracy slightly. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back