Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soldering Iron for Surface Mount Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhiling0229

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I'm working on project which require soldering surface mount devices.
Does anyone have any recommendation of soldering iron station with good temperature control.

Thanks

Not sure about your budget, I like WELLER brand ..
Here are some exmples:
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

In my opinion the best soldering irons for surface mount, which I use every day, is Metcal.
You can get them from RS.
They are designed for fine surface mount work.

Try Hakko (www.hakko.com) I think its one of the best. If you have low budget, mainly if you use it at home, there are some "similar" vendors (best known as copy). Some of these are very good tooling. Just two advises:
- try to replace the iron tips for Hakko original (they suite very well in "copies" also);
- if you need lead free equipment, use the original.

Regards,

Renato

Metcal was once the best, but they have done something to the tips to make them fail early and be replaced at a high price.

hello,

the choice of soldering iron will also depend on the smallest pitch that u need to solder. u may need to buy various types of tip with one base station. ERSA, Weller, HAkko are some good brands for soldering station.

Voltcraft is another not so expensive solution.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back