Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with Binary detector & prob. error. Urgent!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

muaythai2006

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guyz, I need you guys help me with these two problems. I have tried to solve but coulndn't get through. I am really appreciated you guy for trying to help me out. I need it soon...Again, thank you very much...

Re: Need help with Binary detector & prob. error. Urgent

hm.. looks like you are trying to pass on your homework..:D

The first symbol will be recieved as a gaussian distributed value with mean at H1*SQRT(E) with variance SIG1^2 and second will have mean as -H2*SQRT(E) and variance SIG2^2. The optimum detector should evaluate
p(t|r) = p(r|t)*p(t)/p(r)

where t is the transmitted signal with prob p(s1) and p(s2), r is the recieved signal. and p(r|t) is a guassian distributed variable with mean and variance as described above. Since we are going to do a comparison of prob for fixed r, we can ignore p(r) in this comparison, as it is going to be same independent of us assuming t = s1 or t =s2.

Thus we evaluate the guassian pdf at r for mean = H1S1 and dev = SIG1^2, mutiply with p(s1) and compare it against the guassian pdf at r for mean = H2S2 and dev = SIG2^2, mutiply with p(s2). We declare t = s1 if first expression is bigger, and second if not.

The probability of error will be s1 is decoded as s2 and viceversa.

in the case SIG1= SIG2 and p(s1) =p(s2), it would be enough to see whether the recieved signal is negative or positive.

- b

the above soln seems correct

Hi,
It's a binary hypothesis testing problem (but a little complicated becuase of multiple receivers).

1 <?> prob(√E|r1,r2)/prob(-√E|r1,r2) = [prob(r1,r2| √E)prob(√E)]/[prob(r1,r2| -√E)prob(-√E)]

if two noises are independent : prob(r1,r2|√E) = prob(r1|√E)prob(r2|√E) and the same result is true for -√E

prob(-√E)/prob(√E) <?> exp(-4√E[H1.r1/sig1^2 + H2.r2/sig2^2])
-ln(prob(-√E)/prob(√E))/4√E <?> H1.r1/sig1^2 + H2.r2/sig2^2

if equation state with < s1 have been transmitted and vice versa.
--------------------------------------------
for the second part of quastion1:
r1 + r2 <?> 0
but if we have only a receiver
r1 <?> 0

I can't discuss more about what this equations are, and what I am talking about.
but hope these help you.
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back