Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the setup and hold time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
setup and hold timing

hi nikhilindia85
sorry i couldnt understand which pdf you are referring. I cant see any pdf attachment in your post.

hold time setup

sorry yar.sm prblm was there.here it is

setup time hold

hi,

If you want to know the transistor level eason of the setup/hold time, here is the idea.

On one hand, your data signal has to go through a transmission gate and charge the internal node with the cross-coupled inverters. The clock signal, on the other hand, just needs to "block off" the transmission gate.

Since data must go through more circuitry, it should be stable a little while before the active edge of the clock gets there.

Cheers!!!

setup time hold

pls go through the attached ppt it is helpful for you.

Reactions: vnnavy

vnnavy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
setup and holdtime

Hey guys, if you're looking for the ppt file,
13.SeqCktTiming.ppt
you can get it here,
**broken link removed**

i really think it helps. better save it before it disappears again!

setup hold time pdf

setup time can be define as the time the data shuld get stabilized before the clock arives.

and the hols time can be define as the max time data should not be launched after the clock passes

definition of hold and setup time

thank you all for the pdf files

concept of set up time pdf

Setup time and hold time constraint is the two main contraints for timing devices. Well setup time is also named the max-delay contraint,while hold time named min-delay contraint.So when computing setup time ,we should use the propagation delay(delay for the new data stable);and for hold time,use the contamination delay(delay for the old data start changing) .In additon , setup time constraint is related with clock period while hold time not.Adding the clock period will improve setup time contrait,but has no effect to hold time.

setup & hold check

You dont consider setup and hold time => metastability in data...

holde setup time

hi go through the following pdf available at the following link

dff setup time and hold time violation

thanks!

ken_u1984 said:
Hey guys, if you're looking for the ppt file,
13.SeqCktTiming.ppt
you can get it here,
**broken link removed**

i really think it helps. better save it before it disappears again!

setup hold times

with the synthesis perspective, the first statement synthesizes to "MUX" and the second one synthesizes to a "PRIORITY ENCODER"

setup hold checks

The time [before the active clock edge] after which any change in the input data could result in the FF latching the wrong value is characterized as the SETUP time of that DFF.

The time [after the active clock edge] for which the DFF output maintains its value before switching is characterized as the hold time for that DFF.

Added after 14 minutes:

The time [after the active clock edge] for which the DFF output maintains its value before switching is characterized as the hold time for that DFF.

what is setup and hold time?

microe_victor said:
Here is good article about the timing parameters . Hope it is helpful

Thanks for the attachment..Was really helpful:D

setup and hold time definition+ppt

thanks for the pdf very useful

why setup and hold time

Really nice pdf's are available here which cleared many doubts to me.

Thank u

setup and hold time

Thanks! it really helped me understand...

setup!hold time

vikram161 said:
richardyue said:
Hi, Members,
What is the setup and hold time? How do we use it in out application? Thanks in advance.
please go through this so that u will be clear

do u have the rest of the ppts in that lecture notes:?:

dff setup time

refer to the chapter 7 of rabaey's book for a deep understanding

setup & hold time of dff

I am unable to download the "13.SeqCktTiming.ppt".
What is this point system. I don't understand. I just joined this forum.

Can anybody help me to dwonload it. Or if possible pls send on my mail id (sfdr_imam@rediffmail.com).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back