Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the setup and hold time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is setup time and hold time?

Inverter simulation

setup time, hold time

setup time is the requirement that data be stable for a given time before active clock edge.
hold time is the requirement the signal on the data pin must remain stable for a given time after active clock edge.

setup & hold times

setup and hold analysis are certainly the type of common interview questions ^^

setup + hold + time

thanks for uploading information about setup/hold time!

vikram161 said:
richardyue said:
Hi, Members,
What is the setup and hold time? How do we use it in out application? Thanks in advance.
please go through this so that u will be clear

Added after 1 minutes:

great post!

setup and hold time.pdf

Thanks to every one i got to know very much about the static timing analysis?
Want to know about the dynamic timing analysis also please let me know?

setip hold time

Dynamic timing analysis uses simulation vectors to verify that the circuit computes accurate results from a given input without any timing violations. The problem is that the simulations vector not can guarantee 100% coverage. The goal for the dynamic analysis is to get a 100% coverage. Dynamic timing simulation is still preferred for non-synchronous logic style. As a rule, however, only dynamic timing verification tools support glitch detection and race conditions, since these are inherently dynamic events.

:|:|

setup time * hold time

Setup time is defined as the minimum amount of time BEFORE the clock’s active edge by which the data must be stable for it to be latched correctly. Any violation in this minimum required time causes incorrect data to be captured and is known as setup violation.
Hold time is defined as the minimum amount of time AFTER the clock’s active edge during which the data must be stable. Any violation in this required time causes incorrect data to be latched and is known as hold violation.

setup and hold time defination+ppt

Hi Good info. may thanks

hold setup time wiki

thank you all for the pdf files

Added after 1 minutes:

thank you all for the pdf files

Added after 51 seconds:

how can i download the ppt file ?

wao, this thread is totally better than others. I understood more now. Thanks for every expect here. :)

Go through this ppt slide by slide. This is the best material ever for setup and hold time.

Attachments

• SeqCktTiming.ppt
    1.8 MB · Views: 182
Go through this ppt slide by slide. This is the best material ever for setup and hold time.

Thanks everyone for their help ... I would really appreciate you if you can let me know where I can view this PPT slid.. I just joined this thread. thanks in advance .. if possible you can mail it to me at reliable.kande@gmail.com

thanks a lot in advance!

To get sequentila logic work properly we have to meet setup and hold of flop timings.

hi guyz can any one share me the link where i can slove different problems based on setup and hold time and also on d flip flop......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back