Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to read SMD capacitor values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nguyennam

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
smd capacitor values

Hi all,
I have a question and hope someone can help: for the SMD resistors, it is OK for reading the values on packages, but for the SMD capacitors, there is nothing on packages, so how to know their values?
Thank you very much in advance.

nguyennam

smd capacitor value

Hello , you must search in www.google.com at "smd+codes"
Notice : You put to : "...."
Sİncerely
Safak..

how to read a capacitor

Hi,
The response is contain in your question !!!
Nothing on the capacitor, nothing to read.... It's simple, isn't it?

Use a capacimeter....

CD;)

how to read smd capacitor

Thank you all, it means that there is no way, I have been using the RCL meter either, and sometimes, by the multimeter guessing the rough values.

nguyennam

how to read smd capacitors

nguyennam said:
Thank you all, it means that there is no way, I have been using the RCL meter either, and sometimes, by the multimeter guessing the rough values.

nguyennam
You will get much more accurate results if you desolder SMD capacitor first.

reading smd capacitors

plez take support vendor's technical support.According 2 my knowlege there is proper way to find out the value of amd capacitor.

how to read smd capacitor value

pls look at the page h**p://www.solarbotics.net/library/pieces/parts_elect_pass_cap_code.html#sm
i think it i'll help you very much.. :D

reading smd capacitor

n_huda2006 is right,
SMD capacitors do have writings on them.
It's on one of two bigger sides, written with thin black lines (or dots)

how to measure smd capacitor

Thank you all for your helps.

But I do have ever seen caps with size of about 1.5x2mm, colored yellow or brownish, with nothing on their packages, so how can I know their capacitance.

nguyennam

capacitor values

Hi,

Get an smart Tweezer you can read the value of the resistor and capacitor displayed on the Tweezer. Its really good.

how to measure smd capacitors

Oh it sounds nice, I never heard about that. Can you give me the make and its rough price?
Thanh you very much.
nguyennam

how to read capacitors values

You need somthing like this....a **broken link removed** to measure SMD capacitor values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back