Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading VGA signal from VGA port

Status
Not open for further replies.

abm_y4k

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am very new into electronic and I am new to this board :D

I need help on reading the vga signal from vga port and simulate the signal in software.

someone have advised me to use the AD9884A but what else do I need?

Please help.

Thanks,

Welcome!

Read VGA signals? Simulate VGA signals in software? Please describe your project more clearly.

The original 640x480 VGA controller generated pixels at a precise rate (25.175 MHz if I recall correctly). Modern higher-resolution modes are much faster. Are you trying to do that real-time in software?

Thanks for the reply.

I am actually trying to simulate a monitor in software, so that I can analyze the vga signal and do some compression on the signal.

I want to know how to read the vga signal from the vga connector(the hd-15
connector on video card).

I have found something similar to what I want below, but I want it to be something like vga2serial.

h**p//www.ixbt.com/monitor/epiphan-vga2usb.shtml

Thanks for the help,

That ixbt link doesn't work for me. The page seems dead.
I Googled for "vga2serial" but found no hits.
I found VGA2USB:
https://www.epiphan.com/products/product.php?pid=1

Is that what you want to build, a video capture device? The AD9884A looks like a good starting point. Try downloading the documentation and schematics for the AD9884A Evaluation Kit. They should answer some of your questions.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back