Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Combiner / Coupler design for multiple RF modulator IC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rf modulator combiner

I have a small project in which I must add a loop through RF system.

In this loop I must have RF in, have it coupled to outputs from 8 RF modulator IC, then buffered to an output. I also need to feed 4 TV tuners on the way

I am guessing that the rf modulators will need some form of isolation between them and whatever couples them together will need compensation for the insertion loss.

This won't be a big thing, so use of parts that i can buy or make easily would be better.

Any help, suggested parts, some topology or schematics appreciated

:F

rf modulator ic

You search a "power combiner-splitter" don't you??

To realize CATV combiners-spilitter, you should use ferrite transformers for a wideband and sufficient isolation.Normally isolation should be at least 30-50dB and it can be implemented with a little care.Output-input impedances must also have 75Ohm to obtain good reflection coeff.

This is what I understood from your abstract.If I have misunderstood, please ignore my comments..

The application is correct and you understand it.

I will do some more searching

:F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back