Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to control appliances through mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaykumar988

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
at+cnmi fbus

Can anyone help me to find circuit diagrams and resources for controlling devices through mobile phones. Or just how to utilize the ringing signal or the vibration to got a logical signal that can be used to subsequently control other circuits.

Hope to use old handsets examples because I don't want to buy modern and expensive handsets for experiments.

I prefer old Ericsson and Nokia.

And can I even utilize the LCD light when receiving a phone call to initiate a logic signal? What do I need in this case?

Thank you in advance.

how to control appliances through cell phone

Use Nokia 6110 Data Cable to connect PC COM port to 6110.

Run Windows's HyperTerminal and send AT+CNMI=1,1,2,2,1 to 6110, if 61100 reply OK then after that each time 6110 receive a SMS pin 8 (see 6110 pinout) trasmit a pulse train, you can use the pulse train to invoke othe electronic circut.

5_1162901278.gif

control appliance with mobile phone

Hi ajaykumar,

I had this document along time ago, I think it was designed by an Italian Engineer,
but who cares anyway? Hope this might help you...

dont forget to push "Helped Me" button, huh!

u can also try

**broken link removed**

Added after 58 seconds:

works with old nokia phones

the_risk_master said:
Hi ajaykumar,

I had this document along time ago, I think it was designed by an Italian Engineer,
but who cares anyway? Hope this might help you...

dont forget to push "Helped Me" button, huh!

THANKS A LOT MAN.was quite informative.also can you suggest me some ideas how to interface a normal telephone line through a PC either by serial or parallel port.3 points is always in the dooraway for you mr.risk master

cheers
:D:D

how to interface a normal telephone line through a PC either by serial or parallel port
It is easy, use a dial up modem to connect telephone line through PC

thats nice. thankx

you can use audio dtmf

method

dial the phone

then send dtmf tones {change the xtal that runs the dtmf chip to change its tones arrays}

this way its modified so as not to trigger the standard telephone dial circuit

ctcss seems a good cheep method with just a micro c

both methods amount to the same thing

Hi,

I have a nokia 6230 which I want to use as a modem to accept AT commands. I bought a ps2 null serial cable (not usb...I need to use ps2 serial cable) which using a adapter connects externally to the pop port of the phone. The website, where I bought the cable and adapter state that it is compatible with the 6230.

I am trying to use hyperterminal to connect to the phone, but having no luck. Has anyone tried to use this phone as a modem using a serial cable. Can you provide some details?

Thanks
Bob

I bought a ps2 null serial cable
I never hear about that.
But most of all what is the COM port number is simulated by the cable?

I am trying to use hyperterminal to connect to the phone, but having no luck.
What is the COM port number you use in the HyperTerminal COM port setup?

Hi,

I've tried com1, com2 (only these ports on my PC) with different baud rates...9600 up to 115200 at 8,N,1.

Still will not connect.

Bob

hi guys
anybody know how can control another devices via blutooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back