Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gprs modem interface proceduer

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheapest gsm component in bulk

I have old mobil phone, acer G-530.
Does anyone have datasheet?
I'd like involve it to my project, sms transmitting.

gsm module inida

david753 said:
I have old mobil phone, acer G-530.
Does anyone have datasheet?
I'd like involve it to my project, sms transmitting.

first open your phone cover and find the gsm module ic. after search internet.

sim300 atmega8 schematic

Sony Ericsson GR47 supports GSM, SMS, GPRS.
We use it in our products. We pay around $US40 for it.

Here's the datasheet:

datasheet module benq m22

Whore do you get those SonyEricsson modules from and and how big order must be ?

I have asked for Ericsson modules (not sure that it was same module) last year - their quotation was about 100 - 120 Euro for 1-2 piece order.
But we plan around +1K- 10K order if everything is OK .

gsm module cost

I use Simcom sim100 (China) about <$50

cellon gsm module

hi,
i used the module provided by wavecom it costs under 10$ and provided good performance.
pimr

simcom software server

Hi pimr,

Can u tell me which module from wavecom u have used, of 10$,

Please send me more details on 10$ wavecom Module

datasheet benq m22

pimr said:
hi,
i used the module provided by wavecom it costs under 10$ and provided good performance.
pimr

I really do not think there are GSM modules at $10, regardless of the qty. Perhaps a zero from the price has been lost somwhere.

/pisoiu

gsm modules india

Hi pisoiu,

Even for qty we cant get GSM modules for 10$, as i got the lowest quote for 10Kqty for 39$ for china

single line module 900 ericsson

M22 - 36 USD for qty 1K

soft server simcom ltd

Dear artem,

can u please send me datasheet for M22 & from which make it is. As i am placing order for 1K qty.

difference between gsm 900 and gsm 1800

DS on place below :
**broken link removed**

I did not have them,although order arrived but customs clearance did not completed yet .

cheap gsm modules

Could not find any details of using TCP/IP included in M22. Does the module include a user programmable micro-controller ?

services_tool simcom

BENQ M22 has an inbuilt TCP/IP stack. I have used it in my first design. The module works fine if it is used only in GPRS mode. The module's serial port stops functioning when a voice call comes when the module is connected to GPRS. After that the only solution is to power Off and Power on the module. Also there is no suport available from the local distributor. I have sent many mails to Benq but there is no support.
If any one has used Benq successfully tell me whether you also have faced the same problem?.

Now Iam using SIMCOM 100-S and it is working fine.Its a triband module with TCP/IP stack.

gsm module schematics

Thanks vdharan. Tell me when you use the BENQ M22, what do you do about the PPP. The data has no reference to PPP stack. Can you upload some more details about your project.

Can you also give a link for complete documents that describe TCP/IP usage of the M22 module.

My usage is only GPRS. Also I can handle the power up/down of the module by microcontroller in case a voice call comes.

simcom server program

Telit GM862-GPRS also support GPRS and has in built TCP/IP stack. You can find datasheets at www.gm862.com . The procedure is : you set the parameters with few at commands (APN, username, pwd, peer, port, protocol-tcp or udp, socket and connection timeouts) and with another at command you open the socket, then you can send/receive data. The disadvantage of the built in tcp/ip stack is that it can manage only one socket at a time. If this is enough, you don't have to think at PPP stack.

/pisoiu

simcom 300

techie said:

My usage is only GPRS. Also I can handle the power up/down of the module by microcontroller in case a voice call comes.

You dont have to do that - just activate barring of incoming voice calls - and that will be fine .

Added after 40 minutes:

vdharan said:
BENQ M22 has an inbuilt TCP/IP stack. I have used it in my first design. The module works fine if it is used only in GPRS mode. The module's serial port stops functioning when a voice call comes when the module is connected to GPRS. After that the only solution is to power Off and Power on the module. Also there is no suport available from the local distributor. I have sent many mails to Benq but there is no support.
If any one has used Benq successfully tell me whether you also have faced the same problem?.

Now Iam using SIMCOM 100-S and it is working fine.Its a triband module with TCP/IP stack.

Did you try reset via modem's DSR line intead of poweroff ???

benq m32 datasheet

How much does the SIMCOM S-100 cost in small qty. can you also upload a source preferrably in Hong Kong or China.

simcom300 evb schematic

Hai teche,
Can you also give a link for complete documents that describe TCP/IP usage of the M22 module

I have searched the net extensively and there is no doc or details available about Benq except some postings in edaboard.

I'll give you the list of commands. You can use them to connect to GPRS. I struggled too much with the distributor to get this details. I dont know why BENQ is not giving these details which will help the designer. Im my First design I used a relay to swich On & OFF the Benq supply when the module hangs. But this solution has some disadvantages as there is no provision for RTC battery in M22. Therefore you have to handle some time keeping logic in the uC to set the time of the module after reseting the module.

List of commands to connect to GPRS and send data....

(1) Use AT command to setup parameters : UserID, Password, PacketSize, Timeout, Dest IP Addr, Protocol, Port
1. AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","INTERNET",,, (Set APN)
2. AT%CGPCO = 1,"PAP,xxxx, yyyy",1 (xxxx: UserId for GPRS dialup, yyyy: password)
3. AT$TIMEOUT=500 (100-5000 mSec)
Note: If UART does not send TCP data for the time period, the module will send the buffered data in one packet.
4. You can use IP address to present your destination information.
IP address:
AT$DESTINFO=”aa.bb.cc.dd”, 1, 1500 (Setup IP address of remote server, Protocol(1:TCP, 2:UDP), port number)
5. AT$NOSLEEP=1

(2) AT Command : “ATD*97#” to dialup GPRS and open TCP/UDP socket
This command will (1) connects GPRS (2) setups TCP connection if protocol = tcp (or UDP)(3) Switch UART from command mode to data mode.
 Command mode means that device can set AT command to module.
 Data mode means that device can send and receive Internet packets with raw data.

(3) In data mode : Send and receive Internet packets.
Device sends raw data to GPRS module. The BENQ GPRS module will send the data to the specified remote server by the TCP connection. GPRS module will send data to device after receive data from the server.

(4) Send “+++” to module by UART will set module from data-mode to command-mode.
Device idle one second, send “+++”, and Idle for another one second. Switch UART from data mode to command mode. But the GPRS and TCP/UDP connection still exist. Using “ATO” as AT Command will set module from command-mode to data-mode.

(5) Setting “ATH” in command-mode will disconnect GPRS and TCP/UDP. And module will return “NO CARRIER”.

--
Added after 8 minutes:

artem said:
You dont have to do that - just activate barring of incoming voice calls - and that will be fine .

How to bar the incomming calls. Is is possible with at commands or we have to request the Service provider to do it. I could not find any at commands to do it. In SIMCOM also its not there.

molex-91128

Great help vdharan,

I am purchasing some M22 modules soon. Can you shed some light on the antenna attachment. Most mobile phones have built/in antenna's and give good signal range. How about M22. What kind of antenna and connector should use. any source for these.

Also can someone upload a picture of M22 module with antenna attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back