Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

functionality of the distributed RAM or block RAM in fpga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardyue

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
block ram in fpga

Hi, Members,
What is the functionality of the distribtued RAm or block RAM in fpga? Who can draw a simple FPGA basic structure in terms of logic gates level for me?
Thanks in advance.

block ram fpga

Are you trying to understand the RAMs so that you can use them in your FPGA application, or do you wish to design a new FPGA device? If you simply want to use the RAMs, then you don't need gate-level details. Instead, read the FPGA data sheet or user manual.

fpga distributed ram block ram

I just want to know what the RAM is within the FPGA. Why do we need RAM in the FPGA? When we program a FPGA for a specific application, what is the role of RAM in the application? Sorry for my silly question.

use of block ram in fpga

it depends on your design. its quite possible you might not need the RAMs in the FPGA for your design. in that case just ignore the RAMs.

but there are a number of occasions in which you will require the RAMs. for example if you have a PicoBlaze/MicroBlaze core in your project you will need the RAMs for the program store. if you are designing an FIR filter you might store the filter coefficients in the BlockRAMs because it is near to the Embedded multipliers.

in short, it depends on what you are designing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back