Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Grazing incidence on FSS using HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

faircdl

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
grazing incident or incidence

I am currently working on a problem which requires simulating a plane wave excitation at low angles of incidence (theta>75 degrees). I have set up the typical HFSS periodic unit cell model with PML on top and below my airbox that contains my structure. I get fine results until about theta=65deg beyond which I must manually mesh at a very tight tolerance to get a good solution. Even then the solution is only accurate to about 75 deg. Beyond that I have not had any luck. I think this is probably a numerical dispersion problem since the wave has to 'travel' a long way to get to the structure. Any ideas on how to get around this without such a high density mesh?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back