Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RGB signal to 15-pin and 9-pin D-Sub connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkace

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to convert video signal RGB H to serial. I know a few things about signal proccessing and I want a grib to start.
Can anzone guide me through it?

Thank you,

D.

Re: RGB signal to RS232 or RS422

RGB signal
Seperate each component of the image/Video

Red Plane = R
Green Plane = G
Blue Plane = B

Now we have 2d matrix
suppose
R = [ 0 34 200 40
34 67 0 98
4 23 45 22
34 5 55 34]
Convert 2d signal to 1d Signal by"Deconstructing to Independent Signals."

71_1162106960.jpg

It can also be done without sepearting the R,G,B Components by directly using the deconstruction method

Regards

Robin

Hi Robin,

Although I understand academicaly your description, I can't really follow it as I am new in signal processing ( ver, very new).

So, I will be more detailed in want I want and what I understand:

I have a video signal. Two cases exist there: 1. Signal is allready separeted in R, G, B.
2. Signal is raw video. I guess this is where I need to separate it to R,g,b the use the matrix etc.

How do I implement the above? is there a ready Digital Signal processor that does the job? Do I have toprogram something? What is that. In which language.

If you have more experience on this please advise.

Thanks, D.

Hi Dkace

This is just about programming.

You can use Matlab for the operation of deconstruction of 3d/2d signal to 1d signal
It is available in Simulink.
I have represented in block form using DSP blockset in Simulink.
Code can also be genetated.

If the signal is RAW then you can directly used 3d to 1d conversion
because you want the data in serial form i.e. 1D
again this is about programming.

By the way what is your project.
If it is AVC then you can use TMS320C62xx series processor.
and ITU-T recommendations.......

Regards

Robin

I want to build a card that can convert any RGB signal or raw video image to signal capable to be used as input in any PC Screen. I don't know if the title is correct, since I am not sure that the input signal of a PC Screen is a RS232 or something else.

Under the above perspective- and given the fact that I have no experience on Digital Signal Processing- I am trying to frame my project eith what I need to learn and what I have ready to use.

So, I would appreciate any step by step guidance in order to finish this small project with more knowledge regarding signal conversion.

Thanks,

D.

dkace said:
I want to build a card that can convert any RGB signal or raw video image to signal capable to be used as input in any PC Screen. I don't know if the title is correct, since I am not sure that the input signal of a PC Screen is a RS232 or something else.

Under the above perspective- and given the fact that I have no experience on Digital Signal Processing- I am trying to frame my project eith what I need to learn and what I have ready to use.

So, I would appreciate any step by step guidance in order to finish this small project with more knowledge regarding signal conversion.

Thanks,

D.

I can help you as far as the simulation is concerned....which I have already described.However I can give a idea

Firstly you want to convert a raw TV signal to digital serial signal (if I am correct)
but the signal used for TV is analog so we need to convert the raw tv signal to digital signal using AtoD Convertor.(so you have to study for A/D Convertors)

Secondly we need to convert the Digital signal into appropriate format so that it can be represented in 800x600 or 1024x768 resolution .
You need to study about TV signal NTSC or PAL depending upon your country.
So yourobjective should be to study TV Tuner cards.

Regards

Robin

ADC is my specialty since I allready have a US patent ready to be issued for a Cyclic Converter in 0.25µm technology.

Can you suggest something on TV tune cards? Is there something uploaded here in E-Book sector?

D.

Re: RGB signal to 15-pin or 9-pin D-Sub

Here I come with another question;

Suppose I don't want to make it serial.

Let's say I want to convert RGB input signal inlet ( 3 to 5 BNC connectors) to a 15-pin mini D-Sub connector.

Do I have to add any interface inbetween? Or I just asign pins to the R, G, B, H, V lines? If so, is there any guide which line to which pin?

Thanks,

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back