Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basic of IC Design and Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

neena

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I would like to learn IC design , Can anyone guide me with some links related to Basics of IC design and layout.

Regards
Neena

Re: IC Design And Layout

you can start by reading book digital IC design by rabeay

IC Design And Layout

there are lot of posts done regarding this topic

you can read verilog hdl,spice simulation techniques,layout methodology..there are several areas one can work ...you can choose your area and concentrate to work

Just would like to clarify a one thing, do you mean to design an IC or to utilized an IC in a circuit as part of the design.. please clarify.. so we can have a direct answer..

IC Design And Layout

hi

we have two major domain of IC Design: Analog IC Design and Digital one. also Analog IC Design have two parts: RF and analog and mixed signal. for begining you can refer to some reference text books as Razavi book on Design of CMOS integrated circuits, or Gray,.... & Mayar book at the same topic.

nassim_el85 said:
hi

we have two major domain of IC Design: Analog IC Design and Digital one. also Analog IC Design have two parts: RF and analog and mixed signal. for begining you can refer to some reference text books as Razavi book on Design of CMOS integrated circuits, or Gray,.... & Mayar book at the same topic.

Hi
Razavi's book is better for begin.
Regards

Hi:
You can try to view some books about digital or analog IC design first.
After that, you'll find what you're interesting and get your own way.

IC Design And Layout

Razavi's book is good, but I've been finding Baker's book very useful lately. If you would like to learn bipolar as well as cmos then grey and meyer is good.

IC Design And Layout

I think beginners should begin with Razavi's book Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits.

mince said:
Razavi's book is good, but I've been finding Baker's book very useful lately. If you would like to learn bipolar as well as cmos then grey and meyer is good.

Can't agree more. However, 1st edition of Baker's book has a lot of differences to the 2nd edition. You have better to have both editions and put on the desk as your circuit dictionaries.

You can download some free software like Winspice ,Microwind ,Tanner (L-edit.S-edit) !

Hi,
For IC layout, these books are recommended:

IC Layout Basics : A Practical Guide
by Christopher Saint, Judy Saint
h**p://

The Art of Analog Layout
by Alan Hastings
h**p://

IC Design And Layout

You can goto cmosedu.com website..
https://cmosedu.com/

CMOS: Circuit Design, Layout, and Simulation, Second Edition
The book’s author is R. Jacob Baker and the author of LASI is David E. Boyce.

u can get more information on IC Design frm SJSU EE webiste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back