Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic for High Power Pulse Generator or Power Amplifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorProf

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hip2100 schematic

I'm looking for a Pulse Generator or Power Amplifer schematic that can supply a square pulse (rise and fall times < 10ns, 100ns to 500ns duration) with a frequency of 100 to 1000 Hz. It needs to supply at least 500mA and have a maximum voltage of 100 volts.

I have some old test equipment that can generate the wave shape but can not deliver the power (voltage or current).

If anyone can help please point me to the correct place. Agilent makes a piece of test equipment that might do it (8114) but I do not want to spend the money ($12K) if I can get something home made that will do the trick.

Thanks...............

I would probably start with a half-bridge driver chip and a pair of MOSFET power transistors. Perhaps an Intersil HIP2100 or something from International Rectifier.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Thanks for the advice. I thought about this but was concerned about the rise and fall times. I guess I could use a MOSFET with a small gate charge to get faster turn-on and turn-off times.

I'll see what I can come up with.

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back