Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB prototype manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi BenKropp,
sorry i made a mistake. 2 layer pcb = € 50, 4 layer pcb = € 100.

Hi ep20k,

I checked your link but many of the manufacturer don't provide online price information (I guess they are too expensive) :(
QPCB is the manufacturer I mentioned. They produce good quality and you get your boards in 10 working days without additional costs. Anyway, 100€/dm2 isn't that cheap.

seems like everybody does not make their own pcb
does it cost more than making own pcb?

i_drives said:
seems like everybody does not make their own pcb
does it cost more than making own pcb?
You can find the prices at www.olimex.com and compare with the costs of your own PCB.
I think it is so cheap that often it is not worth making your own PCBs.
Especially if you use SMDs or 2-sided PCBs.
The quality is much better than homemade PCBs
You get solder mask and silk screen, plus plated thru holes at double sided PCBs.

hallo

are these PCBs suitable for microwave circuits , how can i get epslon r
of these PCBs

thanx

mkassem said:
hallo

of these PCBs

thanx
What does "epslon r" mean?

ME said:
mkassem said:
hallo

of these PCBs

thanx
What does "epslon r" mean?

relative permittivity = factor of changing a capacitors capacity depending on the dielectrics material compared to air (or something ... )

Mik

mkassem said:
hallo

of these PCBs

thanx
The only data about the Olimex PCB I know is this:
laminate: FR-4, thickness 1.5mm (0,062"), copper 35um (1 oz), UL listed.

If you want more info you should contact the manufacturer.

mkassem said:
hallo

of these PCBs

thanx

Hi,

There are a few types of PCB that are meant for microwave circuits. Example, Rogers board or FR-4 boards.

hallo

i need to make 2 or 4 boards working at 4 to 6 GHz
do u know any service that is cheap , iam in europ
another option does anyone know a supplier for good subsrats with cheap prices and the substances to etch it

thanx

mkassem said:
hallo

of these PCBs

thanx

Attached is the data sheet of roger's boards PCB for microwave circuits.

mkassem said:
hallo

i need to make 2 or 4 boards working at 4 to 6 GHz
do u know any service that is cheap , iam in europ
another option does anyone know a supplier for good subsrats with cheap prices and the substances to etch it

thanx

Hi mkassem,

take a look at www.pcbpool.de and www.ats.net ; pcbpool is a good choice for prototyping boards, but I don't know whether it is a problem to get the material that suits best for your frequency range.
If board material is of special interest, take a look at AT&S ....
regards,
Maddin

First experience with www.pcbshop.com (or www.eurocircuits.com)

Ordered 2-layer design last monday night and got a confirmation email from their mailsever without reverse-DNS so it was rejected (I know my SPAM settings are cruel..but most are comming from asia with non RPTR records ;o).

So I wrote them to resend the confirmation email and they told me that they don´t have an order pending..so I reordered on Tuesday morning and got the confirmation mail with a link to start the process...suprisingly there was no payment information supplied...

But this Friday I got 2 emails from them, one for the Monday and one for the repeated order from Tuesday saying that they are waiting for the money..so this is the first time the mention their bank account details...really nice!!!

So I wrote them back why there are now 2 orders pending if they told me they couldn´t find the first one?

So by now: No feedback after this...and those 5 working days for producing are already over and nothing happened!!!

So stay away from this Belgium crap company!!!

LOL - I had a few problems with Eurocircuits myself, I was registering the company details but their web-form kept rejecting our VAT number. I contacted their support via email and explained the problem. They told me to try again with a generic VAT number and they would change it later, this also failed. I contacted them with this news and they responded by saying that it was impossible. I replied again making sure to attach a screen dump of the problem...Silence, a day later...Silence, two days later...Nothing from them at all. So I tried to phone them, I got through to an automated answering machine which informed me to contact them via email. As you can imagine I was more than a little pissed off. So I sent them another email requesting them to sort their shit out and manually set me up an account.

After another 6 days I finally got an account.

Pros:
Their PCBs are of good quality, delivered on time and prices are fair.

Cons:
Shockingly bad customer service!

-PsI

Yeah...their support isn't the best...also with a tone of "what ya want now?" (o;

Prices would be indeed fine..around 30% I would pay here...and I really don't wanna bother with some east-european company..even if they're cheaper...but mostly they do only up to 2 layers.

Anyone has some experience with some UK based companies?
German companies are too expensive....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back