Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does large resistor do in circuit paralleling inverter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dicket

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
a little question

There is a circuit in which a inverter paralleling with a lardge resistor,what role does the resistor plays?

Re: a little question

It could be providing a negative feedback to alter the threshold of the inverter.
Eg, without resistor, the inverter theoretically will change state at Vcc/2. With resistor, there will be forming a hysterisis.

How to decide the value of the resistor?For 74AHC1G04,the value is 100k,what's the threshod?

a little question

Hi, When a resistor is placed between the input and the output of an inverter it is a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK its role is to linearize the inverter to obtain an amplifier (an inpt resistance is needed.
Anyhow there is no threshold or hysteresis whitch is caracteristic on a positive feedback

a little question

Right, the moment there is a big resistor in parallel with an inverter, the resistor is acting as a DC short and ac open. Hence the inverter is forced to operate as a push-pull amplifier.

Please check the circuits.

That’s the one in which the inverter have been mentioned above .I have the following questions:
First of all, what role does the inverter play? Does it transform the sine wave to square wave? Second, What role does the R3 play? How can I decide the value?
The last, What role does the part including SN65LVDS1 and SN65LVDS2 play? Can I use the signals in the output port of 74HC1G04 directly? What’s the advantages?
Thanks!
[/code]

Added after 3 minutes:

87_1161405442.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.