Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to configure modem???

Status
Not open for further replies.

aashutosh

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
im using suse linux 10...but my linux is unable to detect my dial up modem(internal)...can anyone tell me how to configure the modem??

Your problem is likely that you have a winmodem, which uses drivers to simulate real hardware. Step 1 would be to identify your modem. You can do either one of these:

1) boot up windows and find the driver for your modem

2) dmesg | grep -i modem and see if anything comes up.

3) lspci and see if it says anything about your modem.

4) get an external modem that will always work out of the box :) (unless it's USB-based).

if there is no linux driver for your dial up modem, i don't think you could use it

does any1 knws is there any driver for dlink internal modem??

Try to find out the chipset of your modem. Either try "lspci" or check the mother board manual.
Then get the driver for the chipset for your kernel. Then load the driver module and use "ppp tools" to dial to the ISP

But if you use an external modem you can directly use ppp for dialup. Anyway thats the easyway.

aashutosh said:
does any1 knws is there any driver for dlink internal modem??

Status
Not open for further replies.