Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CT output not sine wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

lats

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends
i am trying to make a zero crossing detector.i have connected ct for current waveform. i fed the output of this ct to an oscilloscope but i m not getting a proper sine wave curve. i am attaching the file .please see it and let me know wht mistake m i making.

if you want zero crossing for both halfs, full wave rectify the ct output and use an opamp with .6v drop(diode drop) on one input and rectified output on other. The opamp would go high/low on each zero cross.
Remember that the load has to be present to force current through the CT. Your resistor would convert it into voltage. What is the VA of your CT.

Try higher value, maybe 1Ω is just to much for this current transformer ..

Regards,
IanP

The CT you bought or made yourself?

Once you use it with the condition far from designed specs, then the sine wave distortion and phase deflection occurred, and you will fail in correct zero detection.

nguyennam

Status
Not open for further replies.