Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP: PCB lay-out from a software to PCB etching

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys!!!

I'm really tired of my style in etching my lay-out into the PCB. I'm using a carbon paper and the paper printed PCB lay-out. I just put the carbon paper on-top of the board and the printed lay-out over the carbon paper. Hehehehe....

I know you guys have better technique. Pls. share your ideas on this.

Try this method:
"Homemade PCB (with laser printer and high gloss picture paper)"
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

I don't know about you, by I have my own method. First I print the schematic on to transparent paper (acetate), mirrored of course. Then I take the paper and tape it to a photoresist positive board. After that I leave it under an UV lamp for a few minutes (I use an inexpensive 8W UV neon lamp but any noen light will do, it will just take longer). Just make sure that the ink side of the paper faces the board. After 10 minutes max, I take the copper board and put in in a mix of NaOH and water (a table spoon of NaOH to 800mL of water). When all the resin is gone I rinse the board and put in some feric chloride (I'n not too good at chemistry so I hope I've written it corectly :p ) leave it for a few hours. and that's it. There's your board. Have fun kids.

thanks a lot guys.

Added after 8 minutes:

thanks a lot guys.

Added after 2 minutes:

thanks a lot guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back