Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

REDHAT 9.0 work with EDA tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't use design analyzrer in Rathat 9.0!!!

Who can help me????

Thanks!!!

happyman said:
I also can't install $ynop$y$ DC on RatHat 9.0

what's the exact problem ??? i installed dc, pt and scl on rh9 before and dont have any problem but some case-sensitive issue on rh8 though

I also think the $ynop$y$ tools can run on RH9.
The only problems happened on C@denc_E. It should not be a big trouble. Just a tar problem. Maybe we should study the S_E_T_U_P and S_O_F_T_load program.

cadence ic 5

First I install the software in a RH 7.3 machine, then compress the whole directory to a single file. Then I extract the file on a mandrake 9.1 machine, after set up environments it works fine. I done this coz I can't install the software on a RH9 or mandrake 9.1 machine. I've not try RH9 yet, anyway, I can use the software on a mandrake 9.1 machine and the installation problem solved well.

Re: cadence ic 5

patricktnk said:
First I install the software in a RH 7.3 machine, then compress the whole directory to a single file. Then I extract the file on a mandrake 9.1 machine, after set up environments it works fine. I done this coz I can't install the software on a RH9 or mandrake 9.1 machine. I've not try RH9 yet, anyway, I can use the software on a mandrake 9.1 machine and the installation problem solved well.

RH9 works fine with the "ripped" software!

Hi all,

I've tried to install C@denc_e LDV5.0 on Redhat9.0, and it's successfully installed on the system. But the problem here is, I have not run on it, because I do not have the license.

So guy, can you please tell me that normally installing successfully, does it mean that you should have no problem on running it???

regards,

Hi,

Who can tell me?
How to install D*C 2002.5 and LDV4.0 on Redhat 7.3 ?
Because I tried to install it ,but it's always failed.

Have a nice day!

Hi,

To install syn*psys in RH9, you need to change a couple of things before running the installation script:

1.- make a link called "uncompress" to "gunzip" (uncompress program does not exist in RH9)
2.- unset the variable LANG

However, psyn_gui does not work, but psyn_shell seems to be working.
Any advices here?

Greetings.

alliance said:
Dear all,

Do you use Redhat 9.0 ti install and run commerical EDA tools?

I cannot install Cadence IC 5.0 on Redhat9.0.

Does anyone install success ?

Can we build a check list for Redhat 9.0

Linux-platform EDA_ tools OK/Fail
----------------------------------------------------------
Redhat 9.0 Cadence IC 5.0 Fail

I have successfully installed Cadence IC5032 on RH9 and it runs pretty well so far.

However, during installation, I had to modify and recompile (gcc) some programs under install/bin.lnx86 (something like that). After that, the installation proceeded smoothly. :p

Hi tlihu,

Could you specify which programs you had to recompile to have the installation of IC5032 on RH9 working?

Thx

apollo said:
Hi tlihu,

Could you specify which programs you had to recompile to have the installation of IC5032 on RH9 working?

Thx

Two programs must be modified and then recompiled: io_filt.c and cdsudp.c.

I just copy the tools installed at RH8 to RH9 box, it works, but you will got some warning messages about error messages access problems!

I intstall DC and cadence ic5 under rh7.2, and then
upgrade the system to rh9, it works

tlihu said:
alliance said:
Dear all,

Do you use Redhat 9.0 ti install and run commerical EDA tools?

I cannot install Cadence IC 5.0 on Redhat9.0.

Does anyone install success ?

Can we build a check list for Redhat 9.0

Linux-platform EDA_ tools OK/Fail
----------------------------------------------------------
Redhat 9.0 Cadence IC 5.0 Fail

I have successfully installed Cadence IC5032 on RH9 and it runs pretty well so far.

However, during installation, I had to modify and recompile (gcc) some programs under install/bin.lnx86 (something like that). After that, the installation proceeded smoothly. :p

Can you tell us how to recompile program under install/bin.lnx86???

And what those programs must be recompiled ???

What about with Mandrake 9.2, i heard it works fine as long as you sort out the licence manager with symbolic links or somin.

Iam gona switch to mandrake what and how do I sort out these symbolic links that someone was talking about.

KLEOS

Use Fedora, aka RedHat 10, and u don't need to recompile anything.

Dono about redhat 10, in terms of features and stability how does it compare to mandrake 9.2. Is RH10 with the 2.6.0 kernal, no matter Iam sure its easy to add it in to either distribution.

So my choice is either mandrake 9.2 or Redhat 10, how long does it take for a new kernal to appear in a distribution?

KLEOS

Whats this Redhat WS version?

Fedora looks kind of dodgy to me, theres no support from redhat or any at all.

Its more like a beta to me.

KLEOS

Fedora 1 use 2.4.22 kernel. Be sure to have some compat-*.rpm (such as compat-gcc) installed for backard compatibility.

Anyone working Redhat Advance Server 2.1 (2XCPU) with SMP kernel suport ?

I got the some error wiht LDV 50 .. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.