Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best Starter kit available now

Status
Not open for further replies.

UroBoros

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
:buy low cost xilinx jtag spartan-3 china -pdf

Hai

I am about to start in FPGA design.

Which is the best FPGA kit with good features in market now.

Thanks

picstudent

digitlent spartan

I'm using Spartan3 starterkit from Xilinx.

it have all on it...

**broken link removed**

UroBoros

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hai
Thanks for the post.

I have collected the detailes from there site.

Any other options from anybody please?

picstudent

Can you be more specific. What sort application you are trying to build? Becasue there so many different boards are avalible with different periferial sets and offcourse different price range

Regards,

UroBoros

UroBoros

if you are into Xilinx FPGA then check the Xilinx
ML40x kits I have ML402 and I think you get the value for the money you pay in this kit

UroBoros

Hai

I will make some more clarifications regarding my requirement

At present I am working on Micrcontrollers only.

I know absolutely nothing about FPGA PLD etc.

I would like to start my learning into this field.

I cant understand the merits of these boards by reading their descriptions as I am only about to start the study.

Suppose my budget is around 200$ which should be the best board I have to purchase for learning and doing some practical examples in this field.

Hope you got my idea
with regards
picstudent

Well it depends on your application, what is your application, I get from your post that it is for learning, if so then I guess the spartan-3E is your best choice.
If you wanna do embedded system design I think also the spartan-3E can help you according to your design aspect.
I work on signal processing program that what makes me buy this kit, I think the best low cost kit for embedded processor application is the ML403 it include on V4FX12 which includes Power PC 405 processor.
If you wanna work with microblaze and a cheap board the S3E is your ultimate choice.
It also depends on your application physical layer for example if you want a ethernet connection then you should search for a board include a phy ... etc.
I know the choice is hard but I recommend to start with the cheapest you can get and if you want more in the future you buy more unless you have a project you want to do then you will have to pick your kit first

I would suggest to buy board now. First get familiar with tools, design flow simulation then when you gain more confidence, buy board, they will drop in price or something new will pop up

Good lack

in my opinion the Spartan 3E Starter Kit is the best kit for a beginner. you can learn all the basics on it and then move on to bigger things like implementing microblaze or even designing a web-server.

have fun!

samcheetah said:
in my opinion the Spartan 3E Starter Kit is the best kit for a beginner. you can learn all the basics on it and then move on to bigger things like implementing microblaze or even designing a web-server.

have fun!

hi
can I use direct with altium designer 6.5 the kit?
withouts any problem or any third party adapter?

altium suggests that you buy the universal JTAG interface to use altium designer 6.5 with third party development boards. i dont have a xilinx board so i cannot confirm that whether altium designer 6.5 detects the xilinx JTAG cable.

i have the altium livedesign evaluation kit that comes with the xilinx parallel cable III and it is detected by both altium designer and xilinx ISE.

if you have a xilinx board and the altium designer then just give it a try.

hi

Third-Party Development Boards
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

but I can not see xilinx spartan3e kit support ?

There is **broken link removed**
Xilinx Spartan-3 Starter Kit

and

Universal JTAG Interface Project (Schematic and PCB

**broken link removed**

now can I run altium 6.5 and xlinx spartan3e kit with altium universal jtag interface any without problem?

echo47 said:
The Xilinx/Digilent Spartan-3 board is simple, very inexpensive, and you can buy accessory boards from Digilent.
http://www.digilentinc.com/

The Xilinx Spartan-3E board has many more built-in features, but I haven't seen any available accessory boards.

Here's a nice list of FPGA boards:
http://www.fpga-faq.org/FPGA_Boards.shtml

Actually the spartan 3E starter board is also made by digitlent. It has a 100 pin connetor, and two 6 pin expansion connectors that are compatable with the accesory boards made by digitlent.

Last edited by a moderator:

I dont know is spartan 3e starter kit the best board but I purchased it recently (~ usd200 with delivering (Russia)).

Spartan-3E Starter Kit Board Design Examples

**broken link removed**

Good luck!
hey... can u tell me if u can do all video and audio aaplications?? ad wat all did u hav to purchase after buying the starter board??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back