Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a K thermocouple amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdk

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
There is Max6675 that does the job but it is expensive.
Is there any solution with op-amps that they need no adjustment?

My regards

What is the required O/P of ur circuit? is this a stand alone temperature sensor or this amplifier is to be interfaced to a uC chip? Some uC families (like PSoC from Cypressmicro.com) implements a really reliable building blocks suitable for this type of interfacing.

Thanks BUS MASTER but there is a special need for Op-Amp since PSOC and
other mixed mode MCUs are fare away from implementing accurate projects.
I am aware of PSOC since I have done a couple of projects.

My best regards

What do u mean by accurate projects?

u can acheive up to +/- 0.2 degree C using PSoC internal analog blocks.

if this is beyond the accuracy range u need, have a look at AD595 chip from Analog Devices.

PSoC at first looks nice, but analog part is simply not for complicated applications. Maybe ADI's microconverter could help you. It has high resolution (12 -24 bit)ADC and large built in memory that could be used to store look up table in 16 bit precision... But price is also higher. Without microcontroller, in the case of pure discreete realisation, I wish yo a luck with temperature stability, offset, etc...
Maybe you could find some information in chapter 7 of the book:
PRACTICAL DESIGN TECHNIQUES FOR SENSOR SIGNAL CONDITIONING by WALT KESTER

Status
Not open for further replies.