Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How difficult is it to build a robotic arm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayerza

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm doing research on the construction of a robotic arm. Not something big but it must be functional not some cheap plastic kit. I was thinking more along the lines of the arms available from crust crawler.

How difficult is it to build (design) such an arm, rather than going the kit option. As I'm an electronics / computer engineer mechanics might pose a challenge.

Cheers
Slayer

Re: Robotic Arm

HI Slayerza,
remember me? The one having problem with the OrCAD Layout. I just saw your mechanical problem here. Actually mechanical is not as difficult as you think, as I am the mechatronic engineer :D Pls specify with type of robot arm you would like to build and what is the size? I mean give me the 3D Cuboid approx. dimension. I will help you as much as I can.

Hi,
Well I don't have a detailed specs as I am just toying with the idea. The arm I had in mind is something similar to the kit sold by lynxmotion. So I'll use that as a starting point.

As I am a electronics (RF) engineer some of the mechanicals are tricky the actual control is not a problem to me.

Thanks for your help
Cheers
Slayer

hi,
I am now working on Pick and place robotic using arm controller.
can anyone please help me.

Can any body please help me.
How can we control the motor speed using micro controller(means through pgm) with out pwm circuit

an arrangement with a few servo motors will help..
and a basic pic or arduino board can reduce programming..
check this : How to Build a Robot Tutorial - Society of Robots

---------- Post added at 00:25 ---------- Previous post was at 00:22 ----------

Can any body please help me.
How can we control the motor speed using micro controller(means through pgm) with out pwm circuit
basic know how can be made by using arduino, it has 4 pwm pins. the pulse duration can be changed by changing the delay in the program. the output can be given to an isolator (opto) and wire it to a driver (motor driver l293d)

Status
Not open for further replies.