Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me .......abt real - time

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsairajkiran

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends,
i am a student pursuing a course in vlsi(backend).i learnt and worked on virtuoso and encounter,but encounter is vast,i have done labs in it and went through the pdfs,i could not read the pdf completely.what i found is that everything tool is doing automatically,i found myself just clicking respective buttons.i am not satisfied with it ,could anyone tell how real-time problems will be and how to go about it.Like some problems like removing slack,i did it just by clicking timing optimisation button,is that how real time problems will be.Could anyone please explain how the real time problems will be,my teachers r not helpful to me,other than user guides are there any other materials?,because language in user guide is something different,the way they explain things is not clear,please send me reply as early as possoble,is perspective wrong? Thanks in advance..

I suggest u to first go through the Basics of timing power and clock synthesis.
If u have ur basics clear u will come to know what the tool is exactly doin.
Other then this at ur levevl i think u peop;e are doing very small assignments.
But coming to vast projects it becomes almost impossible to evaluate each part manually.
so, evrything is automated.
But still there are a lot of things to be done.
That u can learn by experience only.
But be clear with ur basics all the time.

i went through timing issues in Reabey and first five chapters in Weste,i read about set up time violations,hold violations,slack,slew,jitter etc.. how to correlate this with the tool,'cos in interviews ,i heard they ask abt it,

hello mpkp 123,could u tell me what kind quetions can be asked in interviews,suppose a comapny like cadence.i finished my msc(electronics) in march 2006,and i am pursuing this course now,interviews will be held in next week,could please guide me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back