Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sobel edge detection & gaussian filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuna

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab gaussian edge filtering

Hello, all.

Now i am doing palmprint recognition....But i face some problem. The problem is i don't know how to apply sobel edge detection and gaussian to extract the line from the palm image....i try to refer some papers and books...and found that the sobel is need to find in 0, 45, 90 and 135.....But i don't know how to apply it in my source code in MATLAB to extract the line cleary....I hope somebody can guide me....Please.....

Thanks in advance.

filter sobel+source code in matlab

to find eadges using soble filter you can use "edge" in matlab and using its parameters u can use sobbel ang gosian filter

Reactions: farnie

farnie

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
sobel edge detection in matlab

hello, Ali...

Thanks for your guidance...... i tried to use gaussian in matlab......
In the matlab help, i found
h = fspecial('gaussian',hsize,sigma)

But, i don't know how to decide the hsize and sigma..... Besides, does it also need to find the line direction for 0, 45, 90, 135.........Is it same with sobel filter? which method is better to extract the line?

DO you have any sample source code or other link for me as reference? If yes, please kindly e-mail me...
yuna_free@yahoo.com
Thank you..

sobel gaussian

hi,
I am also doing the same palm print recognition.
Do u know how to binarize the image?
R u having the database for palm print?
If so tell me the website .

hi, jothi balan

i am also doing project in palm print recognition. send your mail id. i have 2 set of public database. i will send it to you.
My mail id is: makesh.mp@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back