Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

radiating efficiency and mesh view in CST MWS 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanders

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
maximum number of pulse widths simulated

1 when i simulate a bowtie antenna in CST MWS 5.0, the computed radiating efficiency and total efficiency are 1.1 and 0.2 respectively, i am confused about that as the radiating efficiency is larger than 1, so i want to ask the accurate definition of radiating efficiency and total efficiency and the difference between them. Any indication will be appreciated!

2 in CST MWS 5.0, i do not know how to read the mesh, i mean to determine or juge the mesh quality according to the mesh plot after choose "mesh view", i think it is not as convinient as in HFSS.In HFSS, we can directly distinguish the mesh quality . Can anybody tell me how to read the mesh? Thank you!

Best regards!

cst total efficiency and s parameters

I kwon hat for HFSS this is a tipical mash problem. If mash isn't fine enought rad efficiency goes over 100%. Maybe CST has the same problem.

maximum number of pulse widths siulated

Hi,

did you check your S-Parameter. If the antenna is not radiating at the frequency of interest (bad match) the rad. eff. can sometimes have "funny" values.

Calculating to a higher energy accuracy (- > -40 dB) or less helps. The Rad eff. will then go to the correct value.

F.

maximum number of pulse widths simulated

the S-Parameter is bad and different from my expection, i use lumped port to feed the bow-tie antenna. the rad. eff. at certain frequencies have values larger than 1. i have changed the energy accuracy to -60 dB ,but the problem still exsits-"maximum number of pulse widths simulated.solver stopped.please note that the steady state energy criteria has not been reached."

in my model , the patch is 50µm, the cavity is composed of conductor with a thickness of 0.1-0.2mm, but the whole size of the antenna structure is 228*150*50mm, i have increased the maximum number of pulse widths and decrased the stability factor,fill limit, but it seems not effective, so i guess the problem comes from the mesh generation , but how to enhence the quality of the mesh?

Best regards! I Will appreciated yur help!

rad. effic. cst

hi, this is the model of the antenna

red --substrate, green--metal

Best regards!

maximun number of pulse widehs simulated

Hi,

IU have trouble downloading the DOC File. You you post the model (*.mod and *.par file instead?

F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back