Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing a 50% duty cycle corrector

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhangseong

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need a design of a 50% duty cycle corrector...my idea is to multiply the frequency using frequency doublerx2 circuit and then divide it by 2 .......will this idea work? can someone give me the design of frequency multiplier circuit deisgn and the divider circuit design? need it urgently.....

Duty cycle corrector

There are severasl ways to get a double frequency:

You can use a designed CI but they are for GHz frequencies.

There are several ways to implement them: use an analog multiplier and in both input put the signal you want to double the frequency, at output yo need a band pass filter with center fequency at double of the frequency of the signal.

You can use also a PLL in fdrequency sinthesis with a frequency divider by 2. The output at the VCO is the double of frequency you ar looking up to.

There are more options.

I hope this can help you.
Good Luck

Re: Duty cycle corrector

Miguel Gaspar said:
1. You can use a designed CI but they are for GHz frequencies.

2. use an analog multiplier and in both input put the signal you want to double the frequency, at output yo need a band pass filter with center fequency at double of the frequency of the signal.

3. You can use also a PLL in fdrequency sinthesis with a frequency divider by 2. The output at the VCO is the double of frequency you ar looking up to.

1. what is CI ? can you gave an example? or may be a circuit diagram ?
2. this method is what i am thinking to use...but what kind of the analog multiplier and band pass filter to be used? ( can give a circuit diagram?)
3. component for this PLL i cant find the component in Orcad pspice...is this an IC? how to operate it with the divider?(divider= a D flip-flop?)

actually what kind of simulator is good to simulate analog circuit? pspice, Hspice, cadence,mentor.....?

thanks Miguel Gaspar

Duty cycle corrector

1 sorry CI , I wrote bad, Integrated circuit IC

2 MC1495 it is obsolete
MC1496

3 Pll is a difficult one

All simulators are good, I use Pspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor