Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a double sided PCB with several PIC relays in OrCAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayerza

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Im designing a double sided PCB with several PICs relays etc. However is it neccesary for me to have a ground plane? If so how do I go about doing this in OrCAD. Im able to make a copper pour BUT the pour does not connect to the pin I select as the seed.
How do I do this?

Thanks in advance
Slayerza

Re: PCB Layout

Slayerza said:
However is it neccesary for me to have a ground plane?
If you are building a purely digital board, you can do without a power plane. But, in any event, if you can dedicate the bask side of the board to be a ground plane, it would help.

Slayerza said:
If so how do I go about doing this in OrCAD. Im able to make a copper pour BUT the pour does not connect to the pin I select as the seed.
How do I do this?
In the properties of a copper plane somewhere towards the bottom-right corner you can choose a node, which this copper pour will connect to. Pick GND from the list and repour.
By the way, I would like to recommend this groupd for OrCAD-related questions
https://groups.yahoo.com/group/OrCADexchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back