Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The difference between CCNA and MCSE courses

Status
Not open for further replies.
ccna courses in pakistan

CCNA has got more recognition than MCSE

what is the difference between mcse and ccna

OSI Layers :
CCNA --> Layers 1,2,3,4 (physical )
MCSE --> 5,6,7 (application )

ccie vs mcse

A Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) is a person who is certified by Microsoft to work with networking concepts and operation systems.
CCNA is a beginning-level program that aims to certify a solid foundation in Cisco networking.

mcse versus ccna

I have done the cisco ccna and from my experience I would recommend this over the mcse with regards to learning at an academy. I have found after purchasing the mcse books, that it is easy to self teach the mcse at home. All you need is a mid range pc for the install of server 2003 and 2 client pc's to use. You can learn all the technical skills for the mcse by just experimenting on the server. The cisco equipment on the other hand is EXPENSIVE, and not really viable for the home user, apart from the adsl modem, you have no need to implement a router using OSPF, etc at home as cisco equipment is mainly equipment used at the distribution/core layers of the network architecture. MCSE is a better entry level qualification as most network engineering roles require at least 3 years experience.
Hope this helps,

differance between ccna & mcse

hi all,

I have did a course named "Diploma in systems and networking" which comprises of working in microsoft environment and linux. Now i am in the verge of doing some certification for getting an employment and i am confused in whether going for CCNA or MCSE. Each has its own importance and i don't understand which one to choose. I'm also planning to do my highers in Australia and so it would be of great help if the certification i'm gonna acquire can fetch me any part time job related to it and also to my highers in networking.

All networking wizards over here plz do help me out :cry:

Thanks in Advance,

hari

ccnp vs mcse?

vhari said:
hi all,

I have did a course named "Diploma in systems and networking" which comprises of working in microsoft environment and linux. Now i am in the verge of doing some certification for getting an employment and i am confused in whether going for CCNA or MCSE. Each has its own importance and i don't understand which one to choose. I'm also planning to do my highers in Australia and so it would be of great help if the certification i'm gonna acquire can fetch me any part time job related to it and also to my highers in networking.

All networking wizards over here plz do help me out :cry:

Thanks in Advance,

hari

If you're more interested in networking, just go for CCNA, then try to get CCNP.
MCSE is just knowledge dealing with Microsoft, it might be sufficient enough and it's useless if you work in something need Linux or something related to networking.

diffrence beetween c.c.n.a and m.c.s.e

Thank u very much. Can u suggest me a good training centre for CISCO certifications in Chennai????

CCNA VS MCSE

Assalam o alai kum to all.
I am welcom by all all of all you bcz its my first comments for this link.
I am also CCNA student and I glad to read all of ur comments for help another.
CCNA is better for Network-king while MCSE is better for PC Champion.
but its depend on ur efforts.
ALLAH NIGHEBAN.

CCNA VS MCSE

MSCE is Microsoft Certified System Engineer and it is based on LAN and basically a computer based networking. Where as the CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) is a knowledge of Switches and Routers and based on WAN.

Matter of Fact is both are different.
Therefore by comment is you should compare

CCNA or JNCIA
Cisco Certified Network Associate
and Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate.

Better is CCNA

RHCE and MCSE
RedHat Certified Engineer and
Microsoft Certified System Engineer.

Better is RHCE

Re: CCNA VS MCSE

hi,
where can i practice ccna practically.

Added after 3 minutes:

i would like to know about juniper certifications .
does any one has any information.
like pre requirements, courses,
its importance in job market

I want to get admission either MCSE or CCNa which is the best? please reply must thank you

Perhaps this post seems to be a bit late, but better to write than the opposite!
Cisco as the main provider of the devices (hardware) for networking and connectivity in the world, made some cources from CCxA for beginners uo to CCxE for the real experts. Cisco focuses on the devices that bring youo connectivity, whether in LAN or WAN => switch, router, ... .
Microsoft is well known. MCSE and MCITP focuses on the Windows servers and networking using softwares.
These 2 are far different with each other, however one needs both Hardware and Software knowledge to be a real professional in this network engineering job, especially in new developping regions such as Persian Gulf, Mideast and so on.
About my personal idea, I think hardware knowledge is really mandatory. But if you wan to go with the software you better research as Linux based servers are very good. I even heared that Microsoft still keeps some Linux based servers for its main servers. To be honest I don't like Microsoft products ( especially from when Bill Gates left the company!!! ).

going to do ccna in chennai and all the best who are going for this course and shall be recurit in good organization:)

I personally prefer CCNA to MCSE

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

that's if you solely want to get into networking

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

hi,
where can i practice ccna practically.

Added after 3 minutes:

i would like to know about juniper certifications .
does any one has any information.
like pre requirements, courses,
its importance in job market

have you tried on-line resources

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

Does anyone in here know anyone who has a CCIE?

For CCNA, you are certified in CISCO hardware equipment (you deal with WAN networking) whereas for MCSE, you are certified by Microsoft to work with networking concepts and operation systems (you deal with LAN networking)

CCNA should be more powerful as it gives you an upper hand on the practical. Furthermore, once you have obtained your CCSA, MCSE should be a breeze

Re: comparison between mcse and ccna

If you want a strong and skilled network administrator, it is better follow CCNA, MCSE and some Linux administration too.

i would say CCNA exams are harder as the require more than just book knowledge.. router sims ., and actual router experience is key...

i think MCSE is geared toward Administration as CCNA is toward implementation, engineering..
------------------------------------------------

Microsoft has actually dropped the MCSE exams for newer products and moved to a new accreditation method. But, has a MCSE myself in different versions of windows, I also did a number of cisco router course. The big difference is where you wish to work. CCNA is more suited to a job role with communcation company, I did the cisco courses when we looked after our own WAN, that is now a fully managed solution now I only look after a dozen cisco routers with VPN access to our network.

Just to add Microsoft went through a bad time with the reputauion of the MCSE program, ( the same happened to others but not to the same extent), the industry snubbed it.
There was a glut of paper MCSE (people who just learned the stuff from books or briandumps), rather than experienced people. I have come across a few and they even struggle with most basics of things. example was one who did not know how to change the domain membership on workstation.

Most company's also look to experience and knowledge, not just the letters after your name.

Last edited:

i need good RHCE materials.i am planning to do the RHCE exam.

Re: comparison between mcse and ccna

I will go for MCSE

Status
Not open for further replies.