Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help ??? Some ideas for PA and LNA design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakeen

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am begineer in RFIC design, I will begin my PHD in this domain but I haven't any idea about trend of PA or LNA design. I need a help of persons who have an experience to show me a way

You'd better read the cllassic book about PA and PNA and design a PA or LNA. It doesn't matter if it works well. "RF Power Amplifiers for Wireless Communications" is recommended as a classic book about PA.

i got my phd about pa design from scratch.it is really hard to get started.my suggestion is talk with some expericed people,like steve cripps or steve mass and some other pa expertise.it could help u to get some idea quickly.

also u need to know the new trends in this filed also

in LNA , the multi standard LNA is a very hot topic , and also a wide band LNA

about PA , the switching classes are great , and the linearziation techniques also have a great research

khouly

Thank you, but what do u mean by switching classes. Please, i need some details

the switching classes of the power amplifier , the active element "mos, bjt , HEMT" used as a switch to on and of

like classe E , D power amplfiers

they are a nonlinear classes , and need linearization techniquies

khouly

are you working on Power amplifier domain ?

acutaully no , but i am doing my master in RF circuits in gerneral , in some phase of my work i iwll work in PA design

khouly

any news from last time ??

do u have anynew news yakeen :wink: ?

khouly

there are News about UWB @ **broken link removed**

yakeen

any news about trends of RFIC and LNA

try to check about multistandard LNA , distributed LNA's , and noise cancellation techniquces in LNA's

khouly

What do you mean by noise cancellation techniquces in LNA's? would you please give me more details?

yakeen

noise cancellation , simply u put a MOS device so it is noise current cancels out some of the noise in the ouput of the amp to achieve less noise figure , but i have no more detail , i heard about it , but u can check in the IEEE , u will find alot

khouly

Hi,
I don't think you can speak about a trend, instead i will be better to identify an application and then choose the kind of amplifier you wil develop.
if you are interested in RFIC I think there are a lot of example and choices in wireles market...GSM, WiMax....
Then I think you need an idea about the process you can have access and the pdk you can use...

Bye.

Hi
I think you need see about analog schism RF circuit!
:)

what do u mean by process idea??

i think he mean by process idea , some knowledge about the process u will use to design LNA and PA , like what is the mnimum channel length , number of metal layers , are there inductors , and so on

khouly

Hi Khouly

Are you working on distributed amplifier ? can you give me some ads-example? and what about the Rf tsmc 0.18µ design kits ? do you want to send it for me?
thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back