Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy NE567 or equivalent IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatulent

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Are the 567 and similar PLL ICs made any more? If so, which company has them? All I can find on the web is surplus parts vendors selling them.

Re: NE567

Hi, You can try the SA567 its the same (pic compatible) better use an CD4046B / HEF4046B not the A version. can do the same as NE567 !!..

Paul.

I have discovered that National makes the LM567 and Exar makes the 2211. The latter is about 2x better on the specifications compared to the former.

The problem with 4046 is that it is a CMOS logic process that is not well controlled. Even with 0% tolerance passive parts the uncertainty in the free running frequency is +-20%. The Exar part is +-1%.

Hi, I used the 567 for many project and are very happy with performance but true XR2211 is better but also more costly :).

Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.