Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the difference between throughput and data rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

smart_man

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
data rate vs throughput

hello
please i want to know the difference between these two terms,,,to be more precisely i give an example to know what i want to know:

ieee 802.11g has a data rate(typically) 25Mbps and(max)data rate of 54 Mbps and a
throughput of 24.7 Mbps...so i want to know the difference between these three terms
that is appeared in this example.

data rate throughput

the data rate is a nominal number. it tells you what is the theorical value that you can achive in a system.
in the other hand, the throughput is the real performance value, in practice, the system is giving to you.

difference between data rate and throughput

Hi
every thing that "aadvedaboard" said is true.
but I think throughput is useful information.
in systems we may attach some data for coding and framing and so on.
regards

data rate and throughput

data rate defines the bandwidth while throughput defines the output

throughput vs data rate

Throughput is the total data delivered (not offered load) in a specified amount of time. Data rate (which is less than the capacity of the link), is the rate at with which bits are placed on the link.

throughput data rate

lets try a different way:
Throughput is a measure of the delivered payload, stripping away framing and management "packets".
Data rate is the bit rate - example:what you might set your "UART" to.

difference between throughput and data rate

data rate in wifi saying 54Mbps is the amount of data it can transfer in the physical layer, so if ur browsing normally the tcp/tp data ur getting out of this will be half of ot so 27 Mbps....
throughput is the amount of user data u can send/recieve through the channel

data throughput rate

i want to say some thing

data rate is the rate of data output before making the coding techniqes on the dit streems

but due to noise in the channel we had to add some bits for error detection and correction

eg. in channel coding we duplicate the date twice or more

the throughput is the final amount of data exit from the Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.