Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design a high quality LPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

longstar

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If we get the parameter of the LPF,such as order,cutoff frequency,attenuation,gain,and so on.So how can we design the LPF under the condition?
For example,I want to get a 4th order Butterworth LPF,the cutoff frequency(3dB Bandwidth) is 8MHz,the attenuation of stopband is 40dB at 27MHz,maybe the 1dB bandwidth is 6.5MHz.Surely, the architechture of the filter is selected.The first and the second filter are also the RC 1th LPF,the later filter is sallen-key LPF.
Based on the above massage, how can we get the R and C value?Could you can give me some idea?Thank you very much.

longstar said:
If we get the parameter of the LPF,such as order,cutoff frequency,attenuation,gain,and so on.So how can we design the LPF under the condition?
For example,I want to get a 4th order Butterworth LPF,the cutoff frequency(3dB Bandwidth) is 8MHz,the attenuation of stopband is 40dB at 27MHz,maybe the 1dB bandwidth is 6.5MHz.Surely, the architechture of the filter is selected.The first and the second filter are also the RC 1th LPF,the later filter is sallen-key LPF.
Based on the above massage, how can we get the R and C value?Could you can give me some idea?Thank you very much.

You need an active or passive filter ?

hi longstar:i have a lecture about Filter design,i think it is useful to you.

thanks,guys
hi,h.martin,could you pls share your massage with me?thanks anyway.
Rgds.
longstar

Added after 12 minutes:

Oh,I almost forgot.
What is the requirement of the OPA ,If I apply the active filter?such as gain,-3dB, and pole-zero compensation, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back