Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"SOS" Small Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.

dainis

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
small operating system

h**p://users.ints.net/skidan/SOS/
h**p://users.ints.net/skidan/SOS/Download/SOS-5.02.03.zip

This is an RTOS for TI MSP430 microcontrollers family.
Welcome to the world of multi-tasking. SOS (Small Operating System) is the real-time operating system for
TI MSP430 microcontrollers. SOS is a high performance real time OS that has been optimized for minimum
memory consumption (aspecially RAM).

It is very small and simple. But usually you will not need more for most projects.

SOS provides the necessary function calls and operating system kernel to write efficient C code to create a
well designed, multi-tasking application. The ability of a single processor to run many tasks by swapping
different tasks in and out creates the feeling that many tasks are operating simultaneously. This is what
multi-tasking is all about. SOS is a real-time multi-tasking operating system giving you function calls and an
operating system kernel that will:

allow control of tasks
handle events and critical sections
regulate timing in a variety of ways
swap tasks and interrupts.

scmrtos

Hello Brother! Beatifull...wonderfull

Very Thanks...
gorkin
gorkin@bol.com.br

/ Warning #3 - No thanks at Elektroda! Read forum rules before posting! /

small operating systems

Thanks!!

/ Warning #1 - No thanks at Elektroda! Read forum rules before posting! /

small operating system sos msp430

vhdl_fpga said:
Thanks!!

/ Warning #1 - No thanks at Elektroda! Read forum rules before posting! /

i can't open the url link

skidan sos

Do you mean compile or design?

My opinion is Jean Labrosse's book is best on the subject about ucos and you can also try to read source code of already available rtos'es . For example freeRtos, ucos . Many of rtos's are configurable - you can set the configuration for features you need and only those will be presented in final compiled binary file . This allow to reduce rtos footprint and free more resource to application program .

artem said:
My opinion is Jean Labrosse's book is best on the subject about ucos and you can also try to read source code of already available rtos'es . For example freeRtos, ucos . Many of rtos's are configurable - you can set the configuration for features you need and only those will be presented in final compiled binary file . This allow to reduce rtos footprint and free more resource to application program .

Yes. it's too complex. And much of them is assembly. so i don't get what really the point. for simple scheduler , hybrid scheduler i already understand the preemptive one is so hard

similar

scmRTOS

**broken link removed**

hi,

it's wonderful ... 'SOS'

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.