Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WHat is a good book to start designing a analog circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

t_tuaki

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As far as i learn analog design, I still don;t know what is the best way to design and how to design. CAn anybody teach me what should I do in the first step? or any books that suit me. I want to start from the beginning.

Hi,
You can start with ready made circuits from EFY(Electronics for you) and try to add or remove new features for the same and check them.
A book to suggest would be Electronic Principles by Malvino. This would help you from scratch.

t_tuaki said:
As far as i learn analog design, I still don;t know what is the best way to design and how to design. CAn anybody teach me what should I do in the first step? or any books that suit me. I want to start from the beginning.

allen's book is suitable.

Razavi's textbook
if you devote time on the 1st 10 chapters, you can have a pretty good understanding about the very basic stuff....

Hi,
You can start with Baker.
After that you can go for Allen Hollberg or Razavi.

Thanks
Shaikh Sarfraz

Start with Razavi n then go to baker or allen's book.

Thanks,
Abhi

Grey and Meyer is also good actually. In fact more basic than razavi

allen's book is a cookbook and is straightforward.
Anybody here is also Laker&Sansen's fan. For advanced
reader, Sansen's new book is a good addition to
your personal library.

2 good books in analog ic design is by the authors

grey meyer
Analysis and Design of analog Intergrated circuits

razavi
Design of CMOS analog intergrated circuit

Hi,
For basic undersatanding, you can go through Microelectronics circuit by SEDRA SMITH.
Then Allen Holberg book having 50% Theory and 50% Maths.
In the last you can read Design of analog integrated circuit by RAZAVI.

If you want then you can read Jacob Baker book also for good undersatnding of current mirror and reference circuit.

Thanks for all the opinion. I already had Gray Meyer book, Allen Holberg and razavi book. Although there is the same chapter but the circuit is a bit differ and it start confusing me. maybe I will try the opinion given. Thanks

TRY WITH THESE.:D

Analog_Electronics_with_LabVIEW

CAn jose tell me where can I get this book? Maybe you can provide me the link to download?
Analog_Electronics_with_LabVIEW

Razavi's book is definitely a good one for me.

But razavi book seldom draw out the small signal analysis. Every circuit's small analysis also differ. I still don't know how to draw a small signal correctly. WHat can be neglect and what should be include.

Razavi's book is very readable, much easy to understand compared with Paul's Allen's books.
And his optical communication circuit is also a good one.

Razavi's textbook
i think it is suitable for freshman.

I think gray's book because they tell you not only how to do but also why to do

these books are all good, only one can help you walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back