Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some information for designing a data logger

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosaNostra

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Data Logger

I have been given the assignment of making a data logger about which i dont know anything can anybody help me i need to submit its hardware design and software design

a senior of mine said something like to use the serial port and log any input using 8051 but i am still not clear

Re: Data Logger

Depending on what type of data are you going to log, the 8051 may not be the best choice ..
If data is of analogue nature, try to find microcontroller with buil-in A/D converter..
Here is an example of 256 byte data logger based on PICAXE-18 (PIC16F88 with BASIC interpreter):
https://www.phanderson.com/picaxe/log_1.html
This should be a good starting point .

Regards,
IanP

i need something for atmel and my senior said that i could log data using serial port and wont be needing any a/d converter

Hello,

What is it you want to Log??

Bye.

in case you need a good serial port monitor, I recommend bray terminal from

hxxp://bray.velenje.cx/avr/terminal/

It looks like the site is down (9-12-2006, 906AM GMT+8H). Please check this post instead:

Status
Not open for further replies.