Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VLSI job market in Middle East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again MNBahr,
I am not completely aware with the market in Egypt, but I think there is some layout opportunities in SysDSoft, Silicon vision and other companies.
In the UK, most companies have separate engineers for both layout and schematic (both are engineers). Please don't listen to anyone who tries to disappoint you and lower your motivation. Moreover, it is not necessary to work in the same field of your project. You can work in the broad IC design (schematic, layout or digital). Many graduates that didn't do electronics graduation projects at all worked in good electronics design positions.
I don't have any idea regarding salaries in Egypt. If you are thinking of going abroad, it is a good idea to start looking for jobs as soon as you finish.
The main problem is visa regulation, it is very difficult to go to most European countries in a graduate position but you can try to look for jobs anyway.

@khaled2k thanks so much for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.