Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PROBLEM WITH SIMULATING ISE PROJECT WITH MODELSIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

emadi

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody
I am using Xilinx Ise8.1i with modelsim6.
My modelsim has xilinx schematic libraries and then I had no problem with simulating my projects, but when I made a project that it contains 2 schematic Macro model in top level schematic...I see an error when simulating.
THAT ERROR IS:
Error loading design
# Error: Error loading design
# Pausing macro execution
# MACRO ./sch1.fdo PAUSED at line 7
If anyone knows the reason for this problem with macros...please tell me.
Thank you very much.

Maybe you need to take a look at the macro inside

no my macro doesn't have any problem. I simulated it by Ise simulator and that was true...but with modelsim I have this problem.
also I simulated the body of macro as an independant project in modelsim and modelsime simulated it ...but when I use this macro or another macros in a schematic projest ...I have this problem.

I found the problem and solved it.

emadi said:
I found the problem and solved it.

Hi,
Just for knowledge, what was the problem and how do u solved it? it will help others to increase their knowledge.

thanks
sawaak

Hi
For this projest first I built two schematic and then I made two macro model with them and I used these marcomodels in a bigger design as two elemants.
But When simulating my project with Modelsim I had an error that the modelsim don't know my macros and they weren't in modelsim simulation libraries.
for solving the problem, I added those two subcircuits of these two macros to my project...and with this my problem removed.Because now when simulating, modelsim replaced may macros with their subcircuits and simulated them.
be successful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back